Monday, December 14, 2009

Section 9.Aaron

The story so far:

Aaron Damerson, or Dam, as he is known in some circles, is a bounty hunter on the run. After discovering his most recent mark, Porten Ve’Tan, was an upstanding citizen and all-around good guy, he decided he needed to do his part to make the world (specifically Aurorus-4) a better place. Unfortunately, as these things usually go, the criminal element tends to dislike being dislodged from places of power. Hence the running.

The story continues…

Aaron turned a slight shade of red at Mileena’s kiss and turned to the hatch to his own ship. Porten followed close behind, smiling and elbowing Aaron in the ribs.

“She likes you, my friend,” the portly man said as they entered the galley of the cramped ship. All the appliances were nowhere to be seen, all hidden in the walls in order to allow more room for passengers or cargo. “I should know, I’m her father.”

“Well,” Aaron replied, still red from the whole experience, “you should know it would never work out between us.”

“What do you mean by that?” Porten asked, rubbing his head.

“Don’t you know how this whole thing works? Interspecies relations never work. It’s like trying to mate a goldfish and an elephant.”

“I’m sorry, I…” Porten looked very confused. “Gouldfeesh? Ele-something?”

“Oh, my apologies,” Aaron paused for a wistful moment. “Those things don’t exist anymore. Suffice to say different creatures don’t mix. Not very well at least.”

“Excuse me, fellas,” ANDI’s cold robotic voice interrupted, “but I kinda need a destination.”

“The Spice Belt?” Porten posited.

“No,” Aaron replied, looking at the star maps on file. “They know about your holdings there. That’ll be the first place they’ll look. When you’re trying to lose a hitman, go to a train station.”

“What are you blathering about?”

“Aurorus-3, only one city left, but it’s huge. Twice the size of any other in this sector. Any friends there?”

“Well, no, I don’t and I…”

“Then that’s where we’re headed. ANDI?”

“Way ahead of you, boss,” the voice purred as the ship rolled and shot off in another direction. “Arrival in about seven minutes.”

“Thanks,” Aaron said, sitting back in one of the extremely uncomfortable chairs in the space. “Plenty of time to figure out what we do when we get there.”

“I’m afraid I don’t have much money on me,” Porten said with a shrug as he dug into his pockets.

“How much is ‘not much’?”

“Only about 500 aurods.”

Aaron stood agape. “That’s more than I would have made on the bounty on your head. I should have just picked your pockets and left.”

Porten couldn’t help but chuckle. “Well then, you wouldn’t have been caught up in this mess and I would be dead. Wouldn’t that be a fitting ending to the story? Anyway, now that we know our funds, what can we do?”

“Well, for one thing, I think we’re going to need a lot of bullets.”


Now that Aaron and Porten have a destination in mind, what’s next for our fugitive heroes? Do they simply sit around and wait for the unending stream of bounty hunters to come and kill them? Or do they attempt to make peace with Thenar?

The story continues with Mileena’s half on Thursday! Post comments below or on the Facebook group.

1 comment:

  1. yes my idea was picked it feels so good. Aaron and Porten should try and get a job at a bar and just by being around all those guys they would hear about things heading their way. They should find a little dinghy apartment to set up shop in.

    Or they should get a change of clothes and keep hopping around from inn to inn. While Porten may have something valuable on him and would have to pawn it for extra money.

    Either way they need to get new clothes, I bet Porten looks rather important right now.

    ReplyDelete